What we do for affected persons:
- We seek to ensure that no affected person remains isolated from available services.
- A guide for those affected, assisting them with navigating the various legal proceedings.
- We will provide fact sheets and facilitate workshops on matters such as preservation of evidence.
- We are observers, ensuring that those affected are properly represented throughout the various legal proceedings, including at inquest(s) and the public inquiry.
- We ensure that those affected are treated with dignity and respect, and that they are not taken advantage of.
- We are an immediate point of contact for relevant legal information.
- We are able to refer individuals to essential services.
How we work with lawyers:
- We work with legal representatives to identify and address the legal needs of those affected.
- We facilitate coordination meetings between lawyers for affected persons, thereby fostering a collaborative approach.
- We facilitate a contextualised process encompassing culturally specific, trauma, housing and other needs.